What to Do When You Find Mold in your Home
Discovering mold in your home can be a frustrating event. Not knowing how bad the problem is, how to remove it, the cost of a professional and whether or not your home is safe are just some of the thoughts you’ll have. To help relieve some of those worries, below are some tips to help manage your mold problem.
The first step to do is to call the mold experts at SERVPRO of Minot, we will immediately respond to your call and have staff on site to provide help and advice. Every discovery of growth is different and having experts take a look at it is important in deciding what to do next.
Until we are able to get staff on site, here are some tips on what to do.
Try and contain the area
If the growth is in a room that can be sealed off from the rest of the house. Air movement will spread the spores around and can lead to further growth throughout your home. Staying out of it until technicians can determine the extent of the problem is a good way to keep you and your family safe.
Stop the Source
Mold growth is accompanied by moisture from a leak or other water source. See if you can stop the leak or remove the source as this will help reduce further mold growth. If the area is wet and needs to be dried, do not turn on fans as that will spread mold growth further around the room and house. Call SERVPRO and we can remedy both the water damage and mold growth.
Contact Your Agent
Contact your insurance agent and see if your home has a mold policy. This will go a long way towards saving you money on the remediation. If you don’t have a policy, call your agent and talk to them about adding it to your existing coverage.
The best tip on how to handle the discovery of mold in your home is to remain calm and let the trusted experts at SERVPRO take care of you and your home, providing you with all the information you need to remediate the problem.