How SERVPRO can help stop the spread of Coronavirus for you
Coronavirus has dominated the news headlines for the past few weeks. There has been a lot of fear and misinformation put out there and as the leader in cleaning of biological contamination in the Minot area, SERVPRO® of Minot wants to relay some accurate information as well as clarify our services which can be used to help the spread of disease.
The best way to prevent infection is to take personal steps to protect yourself
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water frequently throughout the day.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Wipe and disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as your steering wheel or keyboard, often
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
Wiping high-touch surfaces can be done on a personal scale at home as well as on a commercial scale.
SERVPRO technicians are trained to be able to safely clean and disinfect buildings, offices, and other high-traffic areas against a wide variety of germs. Using proper procedures, as well as advanced personal protection equipment, we can disinfect one of these areas while minimizing the chance of further spreading germs
A few things to note:
- There is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the Coronavirus. Although our technicians do use a medical grade cleaning product which has shown effectiveness against similar strains to COVID-19.
- Proactive cleaning will not prevent or protect the building from future contamination if an infected person was to enter and occupy the building.
With the current state of affairs, it is worth considering a professional cleaning to reduce the possible spread of disease carrying germs through your organization. This also gives a peace of mind to those who visit and work in your facility, knowing that we have thoroughly cleaned and disinfected that area. Being able to tell anyone who enters the area that it was recently professionally cleaned and disinfected can put an ease to a lot of worries that have surrounded COVID-19.